Have an update about a food-related resource to share with FSC-GNV site visitors? Let us know!
- The Latest on Food Recovery: MEANS Database is in Gainesville!MEANS Database is a national nonprofit organization that connects food-generating entities to local organizations that use the excess food to feed the hungry in their communities. MEANS has partnerships with large entities like UF/IFAS and the UF Family Nutrition Program. And now MEANS Database is joining our efforts here in Gainesville to help improve our food waste recovery.
- Food Planning Project Seeks Community-Driven Solutions in the SoutheastGrace Grows and a host of community partners are building toward food sovereignty through a food planning project in Southeast Gainesville. Food sovereignty is about generating power in the impacted community, where impacted community members are the ones who determine solutions for themselves.
- Community Members Team Up to Fill Farmworkers’ Face Mask NeedAt the end of summer 2021, the Delta variant of COVID-19 surged in Florida. Consequently, the need for face masks soared with it. When Growth Management Senior Planner Kathleen Pagan received a request from the Farmworker Association of Florida, she connected them with Days for Girls to fill the need.
- Gainesville Giving Garden Grows Its Leadership TeamThe Gainesville Giving Garden has developed a small urban farm near downtown Gainesville. Its mission is to grow food for underserved families in our community. As a new nonprofit, the organization is currently looking to grow its Leadership Team. Check out this post for more information about this opportunity!
- Food Waste Reduction & Recovery Initiative in GainesvilleOne way we can improve food access in our community is to make sure food does not go to waste. By working together, businesses and food recovery organizations can work to get donations for extra food to community members who are hungry. Check out this post to learn about a survey created to help this process.
- Fresh Access Bucks Extends Unlimited MatchIn response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Feeding Florida has made more funds available to Fresh Access Bucks participants. Fresh Access Bucks (FAB) is a statewide program that allows SNAP recipients to double their SNAP dollars for fresh fruits and vegetables at participating retailers. The typical $40 cap has been suspended until the end of 2021.
FSC-GNV Meeting: Supply Chain & Economic Development Zoom Meeting
Grace Knight Conference Room
Grace Knight Conference Room | 12 SE First Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
FSC-GNV Meeting: Food Access & Community Wellbeing Zoom Meeting
See more events HERE!