Have an update about a food-related resource to share with FSC-GNV site visitors? Let us know!
- Community Members Team Up to Fill Farmworkers’ Face Mask NeedAt the end of summer 2021, the Delta variant of COVID-19 surged in Florida. Consequently, the need for face masks soared with it. When Growth Management Senior Planner Kathleen Pagan received a request from the Farmworker Association of Florida, she connected them with Days for Girls to fill the need.
- Gainesville Giving Garden Grows Its Leadership TeamThe Gainesville Giving Garden has developed a small urban farm near downtown Gainesville. Its mission is to grow food for underserved families in our community. As a new nonprofit, the organization is currently looking to grow its Leadership Team. Check out this post for more information about this opportunity!
- City Asks What Food Waste Recovery Groups Need to be SuccessfulSeveral community organizations – including the City of Gainesville – are committed to improving food access in our community. One way we can do this is to make sure food does not go to waste. By working together, businesses and food recovery organizations (like food banks and food pantries) can work to get donations for extra food to hungry people in Gainesville. A survey has been created to help this process. Check out this post for more info.
- Food Planning Project Seeks Community-Driven Solutions in the SoutheastGrace Grows and a host of community partners are building toward food sovereignty through a food planning project in Southeast Gainesville. Food sovereignty is about generating power in the impacted community, where impacted community members are the ones who determine solutions for themselves.
- Fresh Access Bucks Extends Unlimited MatchIn response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Feeding Florida has made more funds available to Fresh Access Bucks participants. Fresh Access Bucks (FAB) is a statewide program that allows SNAP recipients to double their SNAP dollars for fresh fruits and vegetables at participating retailers. The typical $40 cap has been suspended until the end of 2021.
- Good Food Purchasing Comes to ACPS Food and Nutrition ServicesACPS Food and Nutrition Services signed on to the Good Food Purchasing Program in April 2020. The Center for Good Food Purchasing works with participating organizations to set and meet goals to direct more food dollars toward local economies, health, valued workforce, animal welfare, and environmental sustainability.
FSC-GNV Meeting: Supply Chain & Economic Development Zoom Meeting
10th Annual Youth Symposium on Food & Hunger Zoom Meeting
Grace Knight Conference Room
Grace Knight Conference Room | 12 SE First Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
FSC-GNV Meeting: Food Access & Community Wellbeing Zoom Meeting
See more events HERE!