Have an update about a food-related resource to share with FSC-GNV site visitors? Let us know!
- Short-term Increase to the WIC Cash Value BenefitAs a result of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), the WIC Cash Value Benefit (CVB) will increase temporarily. The CVB is a voucher that participants can use to buy fruits and vegetables. These vouchers help improve the dietary quality of WIC participants.
- Women Farmers: FREE Training with Farm2Food!A FREE online training starts in May 2021 for up to ten women farmers and ranchers starting or expanding value-added businesses. The Farm2Food Accelerator empowers Florida’s women farmers, ranchers, producers, growers, fisherwomen, beekeepers, and other related agriculturalists. Visit www.f2faccelerator.org to learn more, fill out an application, and register for an info session.
- Support Fisher Farms to Build a Farm CoolerFisher Farms is a 5th-generation Black farm in Jonesville, FL. They need support from the community to increase storage capacity for their expanding produce production. Learn how you can help by contributing funds to build a walk-in cooler and/or volunteer on the farm!
- Community Reviewers’ Input Wanted for This SiteWe want this website to be as user-friendly as possible. Therefore, we want to hear from people in the North Central Florida area about how it can be improved. There are opportunities to sign up as a compensated community reviewer as well as provide input at your convenience.
- Research Database in Progress: Calling for Resources!We’re building an online food systems research database. It will be free for anyone to use and specific to the North Central Florida region. Right now, we’re seeking research and data that are not yet available online. If you’ve got resources or ideas to contribute, we’d love to hear from you!